Who is required to have a Food Safety Supervisor?

Under the Food Act 2006, all licensable food businesses are required to have a food safety supervisor.

There are some food businesses that sell food which are not required to be licensed under the Food Act 2006 including the majority of community non-profit organisations such as sausage sizzles and cake stalls and other food businesses only selling low risk foods such as soft drinks or not potentially hazardous biscuits or cakes.

For further information relating to licensing requirements under the Food Act 2006, contact your local government.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk